Introducing Competition Activity
This workshop is for tutors and curriculum managers who are looking for an alternative method of curriculum delivery.
Competitions, whether it’s personal best activities or national competitions, can add excitement to the SEND curriculum. They engage employers as well as gives learners the opportunity to showcase their skills and offers a framework for progression.
As well as benefiting from the expertise of the specialist trainer, you will have the chance to share practice with other delegates, learn from one another and problem-solve together. You will begin to prepare a competition brief and scheme of work that you can use in your setting with your learners.
This workshop will give you the opportunity to explore:
- How to design a competition brief that is suitable for your circumstances
- What would work for your learners’ in your setting
- How to prepare a marking scheme that meets your assessment criteria
- How to develop a scheme of learning to prepare your learners for competition activity
- Options for engaging your local employers
- The potential frameworks for progression
The workshop is available as an external training session or can be delivered in-house for an individual provider. It runs as a full day or half day workshop.
You can request this workshop as it suits you through our expression of interest form. Alternatively, you can call the office on 0115 854 1322.
For an additional fee, the trainer can also deliver bespoke in-house consultancy or support to help providers take forward the learning from this session.